About the Winemaker
Mastroberardino was established in the 1750’s by Pietro di Berardino. He was awarded the title Mastro for his great winemaking and later adopted into the family name. This tradition of excellence is continued under the 10th generation. It is Campania’s most distinguished winery and widely considered the guardian of wine heritage from the Roman era; it is reintroducing vines to ancient sites around Pompeii and has nurtured local grapes from near extinction to success.